Missed (And Seized) Opportunity

Seized the opportunity to attend BYU Women's Conference yesterday.  After skipping lots of years attending, I went last year (for only 1 of 2 days) with a couple cousins - and loved it. I so enjoyed yesterday's sessions!  It watered parts of my soul that I didn't even know were parched and thirsting for such moisture.
Folded, worn class list.

I did, though, repent (and ask forgiveness) in my prayers for a couple of small infractions.  Yes, in the overall scheme of things they are so minor it isn't almost worth mentioning (like walking against the light - and yes, I was the perpetrator and yes, we did get yelled at for it).  I believe, though, that attention to the small things is critical.  If left unchecked, the small things can add up to large things / downfall.  Want to avoid that dismal place. (I fear I will forever be best friends with repentance.)

I'm still mourning my ignored opportunity to be kind.  To be fair, I wasn't totally unkind, just unthinking and a bit careless.  A sister there at the conference was alone, she walked with us over to breakfast.  We did chat on the way, but I could have been kinder - asked her her name, invited her to eat with us, included her a bit more (in spite of her seeming reluctance to be an active participant). Instead, when I saw my cousin I just left - and basically forgot about her.  I should have been more aware of another.  

And I confess to some envy.  I have always so admired those who can speak well.  A neighbor from a previous house is a frequent presenter at this conference as well as other functions.  Others I know have the talent to convey with beauty and interest the concepts that uplift and enrich our earthly experience. Sheri Dew is one such woman. If I had only been able to hear her speak yesterday it would have been well worth attending.

Spending the day with people I love, hearing gospel concepts that can be implemented in my life if I but try - yes, that was the best.  I'm grateful for the gift of yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment