Thoughts From The Weekend

• Life sometimes seems really complicated.  I like simple / simplicity.

• Spent an inordinate amount of time Friday - Sunday practicing for the song for the Fireside last night.  Was super intimidated by the vocalist.  Received the music Thursday evening, so I had a short time to learn the music, played in a building I've never been in before and on a piano I'd never touched before (which had the seemingly requisite squeaky sustain pedal).  

Was feeling a bit bad - based on her general attitude - that the singer had to settle for me to play for her.  After thinking about it, I decided if she really cared (which she made clear she didn't, even an iota) she'd have paid the $50 for her usual accompanist.  After the fireside I "googled" her and yup, she's a professional.  A real-true professional.  No wonder I was intimidated.  I was obviously completely out of my league.  First (and most likely last) time I've played for a real-true professional.  Would have been nice if she'd made more of an effort. 

• The Husband is also spending a large portion of his time on the solar-fee-fight.  I dislike when he's so stretched and tense.  Between being determined to do all the lawn care this year by himself, and the solar-fee-fight, and the new calling (S.S. Presidency 1st Counselor) I think he mostly feels knackered. Thus, the treat of a doughnut when I returned from the grocery.  Yes, we self-medicate here.

Yes, life is good.
• Finally succumbed and bought some new allergy antihistamine.  (Why does most of that stuff come in 24 hour doses?  I prefer the 12 hour.  I am clearly in the minority with that preference since it's so hard to find.)  Took one dose - huge relief.  And now it seems my season for sneezing/sniffing/congestion is on the wane.  Of course.

• I love this "Life Is Good" bag.  (I'm lucky enough to have two of them!)  This pink one I use each Sunday to tote my primary music back and forth.  Love how The Husband decorated my bag yesterday with a fresh, sweet-scented rose.  I felt loved.  

• And now I've been out to purchase birthday gifts (wish I were better at choosing good gifts) been to the grocery for the fridge/larder stocking, accomplished a few other errands and am in for the rest of the day.  Home.  My favorite place to be.

I'm grateful today for home.  In all senses of the word. 

No comments:

Post a Comment