Thursday's Still A Favorite

In a few hours The Husband will be home. Whew, less stress, more hugs. 

This Thursday has seen an unexpected errand that resulted in lunch (yes, that's good).  I was congratulated on my attitude toward soda.  They said they wished they didn't like it.  I was simply stating the reason I didn't want the chips and soda that came with the sandwich for the exact same price. It befuddled them that I'd turn down something basically free.  Caused a bit of a stir.  I'm not comfortable in the spotlight.

Also stopped in a shoe store I've been meaning to visit for months.  Saw a couple pair that intrigued me, but not enough to try them on.  Just can't get in the mood to spend $.

Fire on the hillside - complete with flames.
Been mentally bemoaning my lack of gifts - or even ideas for gifts - for The Husband.  Father's Day and his birthday within 3 days.  I so wish I had some spark of creativity.  He needs to feel cared for.

Am becoming increasingly concerned - it's only the middle of June.  But we have a wildfire burning across the valley and one sprouted on the hillside by our house.  (No one mentioned to us when we moved to Draper that the wind is a near constant condition. Today they are expecting micro-burst winds with all the storms that are going on. Doesn't help with any fighting of fire.)  All the cheat grass and weeds are already super-dry. I've been watching the news - much rather not see Draper featured.

Have spent some time today in prayer.  Hoping my prayers will be heard -- and granted.  There are lots of needs for Heavenly Father's hand in lives.

Have remembered a dear friend in my prayers.  She lost her Mom on Monday.  No matter the age, that kind of separation is never easy.

Finding something each day to be grateful for is an expression of optimism - so not my natural state.  It prompts me to find something good in each day.  Some days I have to look harder than others to find something good, something to be grateful for.  That is itself a blessing.  The awareness of good - the ability to look deep enough to find it in every single day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment