Small Things

The last little while has had me noticing small things - that seem like large things when I think about it.

• Our 42nd anniversary of being sealed in the Temple was Saturday.  That is a huge thing for which I can never be grateful enough.  It is almost unbelievable to me that we managed to find and hold on to each other.  (In spite of those who said, "they'll never make it".  In our hearts we knew otherwise.)

• Were having a quick bite in a sandwich shop the other evening when we were unexpectedly joined by someone we care about.  What fun!

Only 'bout 1 1/2 x 2"
• (Stupid) Movie and dinner with friends the other night was lovely.  Probably won't be visiting that particular restaurant again (w-a-y too expensive!) but the food was good.  (I'm ready for another Pizza Limone or a shake from Habit Burger or german pancake from The Original Pancake House.  Funny how those cravings stick till they're satisfied.)

•Was recently gifted this darling little music box.  Makes me smile each time I notice it.  And really - I love the sentiment.  I need to act more as though I'm someone's sunshine.

• Sent a text that was answered.  Love that there are those who care enough about you to answer your texts.  That's an important one.

• Have been working hard to find just the right gift (not too expensive) for a couple ladies that mean much to me.  Finally managed to have some success.  Was all excited about my purchase.  Was then asked if I was going to decorate the gift.  What?  I'm supposed to be creative, too?  And ended up being pleased at the question - it spurred me to ponder what I can do to dress these up and I think I've come up with just the right thing.  Small question: better results.

• Love the trees that provide shade.  Makes a big difference when parking out in the July heat.  (Thanks, My Love for always cleaning the tree-sap-kisses off my car!)

• Piano/computer glasses that are left on the counter for tightening that magically get tightened...yup, that is a big thing.  Difficult for me to play the panano (as my Mom used to call it) without them.

• A spontaneous hug from a friend yesterday, a sincere compliment on the musical number I accompanied, a genuine "how are you doing" - those all took mere seconds but had lasting impact on my state of mind.  Mostly I just feel useless and unimportant.  Didn't feel that way quite so much for a bit after the attention of those kind souls.

• Loved that The Husband actually had an opportunity to nap on the couch the other day.  Puttering around accomplishing chores large and small were completed in enough time that he luxuriated in a rare nap.  He deserved it.

• Love that a granddaughter took some time to say hi via text, let me know she was thinking of me.  I don't get enough of that.

And today my heart feels gratitude for the winds that I often complain about.  They've scoured our area of the smoke from the fires in Washington state.  We can see clear across the valley once again.  It feels good to breathe deep.  (It's better to be able to breathe than have well-groomed hair.)

No comments:

Post a Comment