97 Degrees Out

And to my mind, that means it's time to be inside.  Just walking from the car to the store, then back to the car I almost couldn't breathe it felt so hot to me.  Blissful relief to feel the air conditioning.

I never tire seeing the deer.
Missed a shot of the trio of cows all huddled under the tree's shade - also hoping I imagine for some heat relief.  But the deer was still under her tree when I returned so I pulled over to snap her picture. She's w-a-y off in the middle under the tree.  I didn't dare go any closer, didn't want to spook her.  I felt sad for all those walking just a few feet from her along the trail that didn't even notice her.

Got the giggles last night.  We were tucked back in an aisle at Home Depot.  I noticed The Husband's hair was a bit mussed.  He wasn't quite satisfied with my finger-combing it back into place and pulled his comb from his back pocket.  As I applied said comb to his soft hair I noticed (in my peripheral vision) someone coming up the aisle toward us.  Thinking perhaps it was someone we know, as often happens around here, I looked up at him expecting a greeting.

Instead I heard, "True Love.  That's true love when you comb his hair.  True Love."  At first I wasn't sure if I was being mocked or complimented or teased.  In retrospect, I'm pretty certain he was dead serious. He made sure we heard him repeat something about true love before turning the corner out of our sight.

I managed to hold it together until I figured he was long enough gone and then just dissolved against the shelf in giggles.  It struck me as so absurd:  a couple pudgy, graying 60-somethings and he still thought he could see true love.  Now that I think about it a bit more, I'm grateful.  That he could see past our aging into our hearts.  Hopefully I'll remember how important it is to show my love.

No comments:

Post a Comment