Gift Card

Received a gift card for my birthday.  To Charming Charlie.  To the uninitiated (as I totally was) this is one of those uber-accessory (does not translate to expensive) stores.  (I've often wondered where women get those necklaces, bags, bracelets, and shoes.  Now I know:  Charming Charlie.)  I got a bit of sensory over-load just walking in there.

Came out with this very cute pink watch.  Yes, a pink one.  A complete luxury.  I have lots of pink clothes, it will be fun to wear!

Heading home, I remembered too late I was entering a re-do of a major intersection.  Lots of big-time delays.  Noticed a small detour sign - which didn't make much sense to me because it headed into a dead-end street.  Decided to brave it.  Took a long, meandering, circuitous route under the road I wanted till I finally landed on the far side; and with only a couple right turns ended up exactly where I wanted to be.  Not only did I not sit in traffic delays, my drive was through a rural-like area that was much more pleasant.  One of those times I was glad I took the "road less traveled."

Coming out of a business I noticed (and how could you not?) this row of pear trees.  Their fall colors are so lovely.  Heavenly Father truly graced this world with beauty.

Heard a phrase that has stuck in my head:  a true and faithful heart.  Sounds nice.  I hope for that.

And I'm grateful today is Wednesday.  Only two more sleeps and then My Love will be home.  Can hardly wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment