Long Week

This has felt like a long week - The Husband doesn't usually go out of town for this long, and one extra night feels like an extra week.

But...he'll be home in about 4 hours and my world can return to its proper axis and spin again.

Last night's sunset was stunning!  By the time I found a place to take a proper picture (as if I ever do justice to the scenes I try to capture)- without interfering poles, lights and houses - it was past the beauty peak and on the wane.  Still I was delighted to have seen it.

Wore my new watch!  Loved it.  Sent a text in thanks and was rewarded with a prompt reply.  I really love when people answer my texts, makes me feel like I count.

Headed out on the trail this morning - had to wait a bit for the skies to lighten enough to see where I was walking (wouldn't want to wander off into the wilderness) - gimpy foot and all.  (Have wondered if I'm to be chronically challenged with foot pain; that tendon does not want to heal!) Warm, windy and wonderful time to be out.  This tree looked just as lovely at 7 a.m. as at any other time of the day.

I've spent the day here at home - had some friends stop by for a visit, chatted (and texted) with daughters, luxuriated by reading a bit, puttered around - this is my favorite place to be.  It will be even more favored on the return of The Husband.

I'm grateful for airplanes that bring The Husband home.

No comments:

Post a Comment