I'm Debating

How fortunate I am to be able to choose between several things.

I'm debating what to do today.  I can stay home all day (and even then there are choices - sew, clean, read, clean) or head out for a couple errands.

I'm debating what to spend some money on.  I've earned (through The Husband's employer participation - a company that rewards for steps taken, which dovetails nicely with my love for walking) $225 to spend. Redeemable online through a few companies.  I'm thinking maybe some shoes that are so expensive I'd never ever spend actual money for them.  But this is "cash" I've earned through my walking.  It's tempting.
Only the beginning of the leaves...

I'm debating whether to help The Husband with the current crop of leaves.  He mowed all the leaves up late Tuesday afternoon.  Yesterday I stood at the window and watched them fall like snow.  This picture shows just over 24 hours of leaf fall.  (It doesn't really look like much, but will easily completely fill one of our curbside trash barrels.) And those cottonwoods still have 95% of their leaves attached (and still green - this could be a l-o-n-g leaf-shedding).  I can rake.  Or not.

Yesterday's walk yielded this lovely flower - no idea its name, but it stood out because there are so few things blooming since the nights have become so cold.

And I'm grateful:  for these few last days of lovely sunshine.  Rarely do we have such an extended fall, even to Halloween.  I'm grateful for people who know how to hug and aren't afraid to dispense their good hugs.  I'm grateful for family members who reach out to me.  And for talented musicians.

No comments:

Post a Comment