Stuff

I think I'm losing my ability to find interest in the world around me.  (And I find that a tad scary / disappointing.  I never want to lose my observational powers.)  Or maybe this blog is just winding its way down, coming to an end.  I seem to be running out of worthwhile things to say.

In any event:  The Husband was granted an extra day off this week - following the release of a big project at work.  Without the pressure to get up and get going, we (and I really mean me) slept in until 7:30 this morning.  I'm such a morning person it's difficult to not be up with the sun. (No walk for me this morning or for a while, I think I'm headed back into the detested boot. My foot is worse instead of better.  Time to get seriously serious.)

Oops.
Headed up to the eye doctor's office.  I'm so glad he's close.  The Husband tried to put on his computer glasses last night - with this result.  We figured it'd be a quick in-and-out-order-a-replacement-part trip.  It appears he's had these particular glasses so long they are now obsolete!  It took some time (and a couple giggle-fits (mirrors can provoke giggle-fits) on the part of The Husband) to choose some suitable frames (we're both loathe to spend money) and get them ordered. I'm wondering how he'll work for the next week or so (12-15 hours a day at his computer) without his glasses?  

Likely the last of the season's roses.
Spent some time outside - I was working on the wood-fill around our paint-less door frame.  He was puttering: spraying out some leaf-filled gutters (and getting wind-blown spray back in the face), filling a trash barrel with leaves, measuring some window-wells for covers.  'Twas a beautiful day for being outside (blusteriness aside).  

The south cottonwood tree that was 95% full of green leaves yesterday is now down to about 25% - just overnight.  The forecast for the weekend is rain/wind/snow.  By the end of next week I'm guessing both cottonwoods will be dressed (or maybe undressed is a better term) in their winter finest.  I so love the changing seasons.  I enjoy winter clothes more than summer ones.  

My gratitude for today is the delight I feel to spend time with The Husband.  How lucky/fortunate/blessed I am with him.  I'm also grateful for thoughtful souls who pick up my books at the library, for an evening out at the symphony and maybe, just maybe, even for a boot that will help my gimpy foot to heal.

No comments:

Post a Comment