Margaret Must Not Have Been Thinking Much

It's Friday already and I haven't posted anything since Tuesday.  It feels like it's been a rather busy week, but I've still managed to read quite a bit and get some stitching done.

Watering the orchids when we arrived home from our trip I was surprised to see a bud.  When did that happen?  It has blossomed into such a pretty bloom.  I'm always surprised and grateful when my flowering plants actually flower.  I love that they are happy.

Stopped in at the grocery this morning.  While looking at something on the shelf was mildly surprised when a lady reaching for something on the very topmost shelf started chatting to me.  Was more surprised when she continued the conversation (or really maybe a lecture since she wasn't really interested in my input) as we are both walking off - in different directions.  I reached the end of the aisle, she reached the opposite end of the aisle and she was still talking at me.  Louder because of the distance, pushing her cart forward while facing me - and still talking.  She must have felt lonely today.

This morning was fabulous!  I actually got to get out on the trail.  A bit later in the morning than I like.  And I only walked about 30 minutes.  And managed to get accosted by unleashed dogs.  But still - I loved that start of the day, to be out walking in the sunrise and cool air.  

My heart is grateful today.  For a comfortable place to live that's close to several trails I love to walk. For a foot that isn't in lots of pain.  For good shoes.  For a grocery chock-full of good things to eat. For a just-right small package of candy corn (an extremely rare indulgence).  For good books to read. For my eyes.  Heavenly Father is incredibly good to us.  

No comments:

Post a Comment