Stray Disjointed Thoughts

Walked again with a friend this morning.  She's very patient about my abbreviated walks.  Next week I'll be able to add 15 minutes to the overall time and it will be more enjoyable.  Although walking out the front door this morning, facing that gorgeous moon before it set was the perfect way to start the day.  (Am anxious for the annual switch off of Daylight Savings Time - I'll be able to walk at a more reasonable hour, 7 a.m. is just plain too late!)

Jack Frost helps my foot.
A month post-original-doctor-visit I'm finding myself a tad annoyed at my foot.  90% better was great progress.  Which progress feels like it stalled.  Searched online for physical therapy exercises for extensor tendonitis.  Have been doing those.  Detect no improvement.  Decided this morning after my shower to try an ice pack.  Sandwiched it between my own sock and a sock of The Husband (for holding in place).  Immediate improvement.  Will repeat and hope for permanent pain mitigation.

Yummy lunch!
Decided I hadn't had enough of the fresh air, beautiful sunshine and exercise.  Decided to ride my bike over to the library to retrieve a book.  Came home with not one, but three books which is silly because I'm already reading 3 books at once and have 4 more in the queue.  Loved the ride, except for the part where I almost crashed trying to avoid a small snake sunning itself on the pavement. Successful on both counts - avoided the snake and the crash.

Had a friend stop by for a minute.  Over an hour later we were still going strong.  How delightful she is!

Today's smoothie lunch was an experiment:  carrot/apple/walnut/greek yogurt.  Tossed in some ice for cool and scarfed it down.  Loved it.

The rest of the day will be spent in my favorite place - here at home.  Ironing, sewing, reading, stir-frying for dinner.  How lucky I am!

I'm grateful today for friends that stop by for a visit.  For plenty of decent things to read.  For a husband who jumps for joy to help me no matter what my request (computer help, air in bike tires, hug fulfillment, please-don't-make-me-cook-tonight-can-we-eat-out -- to just list a few) - how blessed I am to have him in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment