A Few MidWeek Thoughts...

• Went to the grocery yesterday - first time I've been in one since last week.  The picture shows only about 1/3 of the carts parked along the front of the store, all with leftover Halloween goodies.  All that sugar! And I wasn't even tempted.

Leftovers.
• Did a Costco run this afternoon.  (And why is it always a "trip" to the grocery but a "run" to Costco?)  Decided that it is w-a-y more fun to do when I have someone with me.  I love coming home and seeing the freezer and cupboards stocked (don't love seeing the bottom line cost, though).  Also decided that 2:00 p.m. is a pretty good time to go, wasn't very busy this afternoon.

• Have enjoyed being on the elliptical in the mornings, but I very much miss my morning commune with nature on the trail.  I definitely feel like I've gotten a workout when I increase the resistance and the incline on that contraption.  What a luxury to be able to do that inside my very own home.

• So far, one of the best things about this week is the huge improvement of my foot.  I've worn the detested boot every time I've gone anywhere. And lots of the time at home.  I'll be much more conservative when I start walking again in the mornings, won't even attempt it until next week.  I can honestly say I haven't felt any foot pain for 2 whole days! Progress!

• Will be interested to see how things work out with two new primary choristers.

• Learned to not toss a credit card statement in the drawer without opening it.  Thought I didn't owe anything so I didn't bother to look at it.  Discovered (after the passing of another month) that the card had a fraudulent charge on it.  The Credit Union was terrific about resolving it:  only took one phone call and a 15 minute visit to my local branch.  Problem solved, card blocked, new card in hand. Would that all difficulties could be so easily fixed!  (And the only commonality between this fraud and the fraud on the credit card at the other financial institution was our vacation rental manager.  I think perhaps we'll chat with them about their security.)

Today I'm grateful for those dear souls who make room (and time) for me in their lives.  Who return emails and texts (and even on occasion initiate interaction). Who seem genuinely happy to see me. What nourishment it is to my soul to feel like I matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment