Totally Tuesday

I don't know what it is, but there's just something about a Tuesday that feels like Tuesday.  Even when it is a holiday and things seem all jumbled.

• Started this morning with a walk - YAY!!  I have so missed my morning walks.  This morning it was 23 degrees out when I left the house - sporting my jacket, ear covers, gloves, warm socks, my step counter, my phone and my iPod.  I'm easing back into this walking thing - only traversing a couple miles instead of jumping right back into my 5 mpd (mile per day) routine.  My foot requires some care still - this muscle rub and I have become fast friends (in spite of the menthol/camphor smell that surrounds me like a cloud).  But...I'm back walking and that is the very best thing!

My walk yielded a sighting (and hearing) of a prairie falcon hunting for breakfast.  Also a broken drinking fountain over at the park.  (Good citizen that I am, I report the water spouting all over to the city for fixing.) And I had the trail pretty much to myself - only saw 7 other people.  I'm aware I sound like a besotted idiot over my morning walks.  They begin my day in the perfect way and I love it.

• Then we headed over to Corner Bakery - I had a coupon (and a reservation) for a free stack of buttermilk pancakes.  We rarely indulge in pancakes, but I thoroughly enjoyed the ones this morning. Breakfast out is also an indulgence that made the day feel different - more special somehow.

• I've been wearing my new glasses for over a month now and have (dare I say that "h" word? - yep!) hated them almost every minute.  She worked on them for quite a bit to get them comfortable - to no real success.  Since we had to stop in there this morning to pick up The Husband's replacement computer glasses (and yay- they are working great for him!) I had her work on fitting my own glasses again.  Not perfect yet, but so very much better.  Funny how I was mostly only subliminally  aware how much they were annoying me.  Which annoyance is mostly abated. I have been sighing with relief.

• Primary on Sunday was more fun than I've had in a while.  New chorister and I wasn't quite sure what to expect.  It's something she has done before and is very capable.  The Husband is fond of saying "change is certain. Progress is not."  In this instance I think the change will prove to be a good thing.  And I like good things.

• Sunday's Sacrament meeting theme was gratitude - one of my favorite topics.  I loved hearing others speak to the subject.  I wish I could remember the exact quote of one of the speakers - my seat-mate and I turned to each other and remarked how much we liked his phrasing.  After a bit of searching I came up with this quote from James E. Faust.  Makes me wish for / hope for / determine-to-have a grateful heart.  I hope I can always remember to "think to thank" (as he put it.)

A grateful heart is a beginning of greatness. It is an expression of humility. It is a foundation for the development of such virtues as prayer, faith, courage, contentment, happiness, love, and well-being.

• And wow!  I must not have talked to enough people the last couple days (although I was engaged in conversation at the grocery by a man who wanted to know if the kind of yogurt I bought was any good, apparently he was having a tough time deciding) - I have nearly written a book.  I haven't said anything of any importance.  But somehow it feels good to put my random thoughts down.

Today I'm grateful for being able to walk on the trail again without too much pain.  For clothes to keep me warm out in the cold.  For the lovely sunrise.  For free pancakes and a friend to share them with.

No comments:

Post a Comment