Some Things I've Liked

There are a few things I've liked about the last couple days.  Some I didn't like so well.

I didn't actually care for:

• Receiving a gash in my finger when cleaning up after the paint was done.

• Having to wear a bandaid.

• Eating too much and resenting myself for my gluttony.

• Burning my hand on a pan - the metal handle of the pan was positioned directly over a gas burner that had been left on.  The handle was hot.

• Spending family money instead of my "walking money" (the money I earn tracking my steps with my step counter) on luxury shoes for me.

I really liked:

• Finishing up door number 3!  The painting is all finished, the mess cleaned up, the storm door back on its hinges.  And the job is passable - the wood is protected and looks much better. Only one door left.

• Dinner and movie out with friends.  The movie wasn't actually quite as good as I expected, but it was still fun.  Managed to not buy popcorn.

• Pumpkin pancakes.
Cute new pumps.

• Spending the majority of today hanging out with my bestest friend.

• Having the luxury of reading a few magazines at the library.

• Getting a good deal.  I've earned enough money from my walking for some new shoes - the pricier ones.  Have to order them online and I dislike returning things so I went to find the right size shoe in the desired style.  Had to drive all the way downtown to City Creek.  Ended up buying the shoes outright. They were marked down $40, there was a storewide sale of an additional 20% so I got them for 46% off.  I rarely find this kind of deal.  This way was a much better use of funds.

• Managing to walk a bit without any pain at all in my foot.

• The beautiful weather.

Today I'm grateful for the ability to walk.  What blessings our bodies are.

No comments:

Post a Comment