Things I Love

After the couple posts where I listed things I'd like to change (or improve on-according to me) I thought it might be time to talk about a few things I love.  This will by no means be a comprehensive list.  Just a few that I've been thinking about lately.

• I love this picture that graced the front page of the Church news today.  Rarely do I see one that represents Joseph holding the baby Jesus - usually it's Mary.  And that's not a bad thing.  It was just nice to see the father and sweet babe.

• I love that people make an effort to include us.  To make us feel like a priority, and who take into account our needs/preferences instead of dictating what they (and by extension us) are going to do. We have such a person in our family.  It's lovely.

• I love getting stuff done - things like maintenance around the house, projects I want to accomplish.  I love feeling like there is value in my life.

• I love that I've been thinking more of The Savior this year and been less stressed about all the gifting. (Doesn't mean it has translated into better behavior, but I try.) Even though there is so much I'd like to give to others - so much I'd like to be able to do to help someone improve their situation.

• I love that there are those who understand that sports aren't the be-all and end-all of everything in this world.

• I love when contentment and gratitude are evident. I love those whose lives are great examples of selflessness.

• I love when texts and emails are answered.  When they are sent just to keep in touch and not necessarily because something is needed.

• I love music.

• I love getting enough rest at night that I feel physically ready to face whatever the day throws at me.

• I love having the luxury to choose.

Most of those "loves" pretty much equate to gratitude.  I am grateful.  For many people, feelings and things. Most importantly for the ability to celebrate the birth of the one who made this life possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment