A Fresh Week

Our mountains are behind / amidst the clouds.
Mondays always feel like I have a chance to start anew.  There are myriads of things to conquer / begin / finish / attempt / enjoy / experience - to just name a few.

This view from our backyard looking north is usually filled with our stunning Rocky Mountains. Today all we see is rain.  I love rain.  Even when it means I'm inside on the treadmill on occasion. Hopefully this version of a storm will scour our air so we're not afraid to breathe it - the results of living in a valley surrounded by mountains.  I love it here.

The Husband returned Thursday night, bringing my heart home safely with him.  He also brought me flowers.  He knows how much I love flowers in the house - while I simultaneously object to the cost. They so brighten the house!

My mouth is much improved, the antibiotics are completed, I am catching up on weekend-neglected household maintenance.  I finished reading the Doctrine and Covenants (my personal scripture study) and am once again into the Book Of Mormon.  (Hopefully this time more of what I read will stick to my brain cells.) I am making great progress on the knitted baby blanket and other needlework projects, the ironing is almost done.  Bottom line is: I'm fairly content.

I read this in a book recently and loved the sentence:  "I, too, have been guilty of thinking with my heart.  I believe it is not such a bad thing."  I hope that I'll often think with my heart, perhaps it will help me in my efforts to be kind.

I'm grateful today for the rain, for the safe return of The Husband and for flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment