The Week Surely Seems To Have Disappeared

And while it was disappearing I was enjoying life.  I enjoyed my treadmill one morning, then was able to enjoy the trail.  I enjoyed getting a haircut and having a meal out with My Love.  I've enjoyed some books, some knitting, and some visiting - with family and dear friends.  (I haven't enjoyed quite so much the cough I seem to have acquired - The Husband is reluctant  :(  to kiss me. Thankfully hugs are still allowed.)

Stunning View1
Some of this enjoyment is an offshoot of being mindful.  It seems like ever since the first of the year a lot of what I've read (particularly in regards to New Year's Resolutions) has mentioned (or even focused on) being mindful.  I try to be mindful, especially of the good things that surround me; and they are myriad. Being mindful suggests an awareness, a conscious recognition.  Which makes being that way somehow more intentional.  I like the thought of living an intentional life, full of awareness of blessings, abundance and goodness.

Brave, strong little daisy.
How lovely it was today to lunch with a friend.  And to drive in the sunshine - it's been days since we've seen actual sunshine.  I had to pull to the side of the road to snap this picture of our beautiful mountains.  (Actually I took several and selected the best one, though it was hard to choose, the mountains are surely displaying their finest aspect.)

Today I'm grateful for work that provides income for our comfort, and a husband who isn't afraid to work, who is dedicated.  I'm grateful for hope for fun.  And I'm grateful that in the midst of winter there's still that lone little english daisy blooming in our front garden.  It reminds me to have hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment