Teeth / Kindness

Have I mentioned how much I love (not) teeth issues?

I spent the afternoon at the dentist having my roots canal-ed.  Last tooth in the back on top.  It could be way more convenient to get to. My mouth isn't large (even though I've been told I am a big mouth). Most dentists are men.  Men generally have largish hands.  Nothing here suggests an experience of ease and joy.  (When asked, the dentist said it is rather like building a ship inside a bottle.)

I like my dentist for multiple reasons.  Not the least of which is his kindness.

After being released from the dentist chair, picking up my prescription for antibiotic and finally getting home, recovering with the help of the couch, I was involved in a conversation with my sweet visiting teacher.

Next thing I know she's at the door.  Bringing food.  (And not just for me, but for our daughter who has missed this entire week of work because of sickness.)

Another attempt at capturing the full moon as it sets in the a.m.
Seriously. Whatever could I have done to deserve such gracious, thoughtful, kindness?  On second thought, maybe it isn't anything to do with me.  This sister is like this with pretty much everyone. Her husband is the same way.  They not only serve others as a matter of routine, they actively search for opportunities to express their discipleship.

I'm so grateful today to be the recipient of her friendship.  My heart has been warmly hugged.

I'm grateful also for the airplane that is at this moment winging The Husband home.  I haven't kept as busy this week as I should have - that meant the door was open for that old frenemy "lonesome" to creep in.  I shall be in much better spirits in a couple hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment