Luxuries

I surely am aware that my life is replete with luxuries.  Some small, others larger, but luxuries nonetheless.

This morning's luxury was sleeping until my mind and body said it was time to leave the warmth of our bed.  We had the luxury of spending the holiday doing whatever the mood dictated.  A dinner of leftover lasagne was another luxury as was our treat of popcorn in observance of National Popcorn Day.

This plate of cookies was discovered on our porch when we retrieved the morning newspaper.  No idea how long it had been there.  Or who left it or even who it was for.  It was just there.  It strikes me that in former / simpler times we'd have scarfed those cookies up faster than we could say their name. Nowadays, we're reluctant to sample even a bite.  Makes me a little bit sad.

And my final thoughts:  This month in Primary we are working on one of the songs for the program.  Hopefully, I'll manage to memorize my piano part whilst the youngsters are learning the song.  Each time we arrive at the chorus I have a series of mental images.

"I know He lives
I will follow faithfully,
My heart I give to Him,
I know that my Savior loves me."

When we get to the line about my heart, my mental picture shifts:  to me - standing in front of Jesus Christ - with my hands stretched out, cupping a heart - my heart.  Anxiously hoping it will acceptable to Him.  He sacrificed so much for each and every soul on this earth.  Will my meager offering be enough? I like to imagine that if I've created enough of a relationship with Him, stood for the things I know are right (for example: that our Savior lives and guides us) been obedient and faithful (steadfast) and try always to do my best, then it will be enough.  I work for that every day.

I'm grateful today for every luxury I enjoy, for an improvement in my coughing situation (it has lessened and I actually have a voice most of the time) and for lovely music that touches my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment