Moisture

Living in a near desert like we do, it feels like the earth really comes alive when it rains.  We really don't receive that much rain.  We generally get lots of snow in the winter - generally being the operative word.  (This year has been an aberration with our super mild temperatures and lack of snowfall.)
Rain, rain, love the rain!

Several mornings this week I've walked in my slicker because of the drizzle.  The trees have lots of buds appearing, I have bulbs coming up in the yard.  Even our grass never went brown this year, it's still pretty green.  I fancy that I can almost hear the earth / vegetation sighing with pleasure as it laps up the life-giving moisture that's fallen.

This branch caught my eye as I walked this morning.  It's a rare thing to see water droplets hanging from the trees around here.  I thought it was lovely.

Today I'm so grateful for the beauty of this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment