Yay For Fridays!

And I've only a few thoughts bouncing off the corners of my mind.

•  I've spent a lot of time here at home this week.  I love being here.  Perhaps we can find something fun to do tomorrow.  Fun is good.

• Even though I think I've spent a lot of time here at the house, I've pretty much enjoyed the week.  I've been for walks pretty much every morning.  We had a visit from a grandson and a friend.  There's been good words to read.  I've cooked, we've had the luxury of eating out.  We saw a play (silly though it was). I've sewed and knitted, tidied and stayed on top of the laundry.  I loved that we had some interaction with family that we don't get to see that often.

I love the morning frost.
Overall, I'd have to say it's been just an ordinary week.  I must enjoy ordinary.

• Love these words from Dieter Uchtdorf:  "In the end, it is the merciful who obtain mercy."

• Sunshine in January is good for my soul.

• I tried to take a picture of these frost-tipped weeds.  It was a fairly long stretch of fence, lined the entire way with these weeds.  (I must have taken 7 or 8 pictures.  My phone was determined to focus on the fencepost instead of the frost.  So I finally gave in and let the phone have its way. ) There's something about frost on plants that reminds of some sort of fairy land. The morning was quiet, it was just me, the birds and the frost-tipped weeds.  I loved it.

• I proved again that I can be dumb.  Pulled up the texts on my phone and without looking texted a quick one word message off...to the wrong person!  Surely I'm not the first (or the last?) person to do that?!

• Finally, finally I think I'm coughing less.  My voice is back more of the time.  And I slept super well last night.  Small things like that can almost make me feel human again.  I like feeling well and healthy.

• Received an invitation to do lunch with a friend next week.  Anticipation of a good thing is a good thing.

Today I'm grateful for contentment.  For a happy husband.  For something to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment