Moody Monday

Loved our walk!
This has been an odd morning - and it isn't even 11:00 yet.  My emotions have been all over the place:  one minute I'm happy and content and the next I'm an old grump.  Where does that come from?

I doubt it is a result of the weekend - it was a pleasant enough couple of days.  We redeemed a gift card at Outback and stuffed ourselves silly.  Church was fine.  With our early meeting schedule our afternoons are blessedly open with nary a temptation to include activities that hamper our observance of the sabbath.  Yesterday we treated ourselves to a walk; could hardly believe it is January with the sunshine and 55 degree temps.  We saw lots of people out riding their bikes in shirtsleeves.  (Makes me wonder - with our dearth of snowfall - if I should be worrying about our water come summer?)

This touches my soul.
I've been immersed in this fabulous new book by Jeffrey Holland.  I find myself re-thinking stuff I've read and reeling in awe at his grasp of gospel truths and ability to convey just what I need to hear.  What a marvelous blessing his words are to me.

And speaking of words:  I've come under fire (actually just some good-natured teasing) lately for my texts.  Apparently I'm too verbose.  And he says that like it's news to him?  I keep reminding him that I was ceaselessly admonished to stop talking throughout my entire growing up years.  And I was the quiet one of the family.

The Husband is heading off to lunch with the guys from our former ward today.  Tomorrow I'm lunching with a sweet friend.  And we've received a rare invitation to dinner.  Clearly food is high on our list of important things in our lives.

Read the other day about a lady whose middle name was Princess.  Why didn't I think of that?  Or maybe I wish my parents had. What a lovely moniker to have, and I am just imagining that she really acted like a Princess. People are so very creative!

Today my heart feels gratitude for uplifting words, for walks in the sunrise (especially when my feet are no longer hurting) for a sweet home teacher's wife who makes sure he visits us even though she's the one doing the heavy lifting, and for ready smiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment