Bad News, Good News

Yes, I know.  Usually it's good news then the bad news.  But I'm a happy ending kind of a gal, so I always choose to end with the good.

Had a lovely chat with our neighbor this morning.  The Primary president.  I'm feeling much better about losing my spot on the Sr. Primary piano bench.  It will be just fine. Nice to live next door to a bit of kindness.  And it was so lovely to stand on the driveway and hear the chickadees in the trees. I love their song.

Soon to be fragrant daffodils
The Husband needed to get out and luxuriate in this stunningly beautiful day so we headed out for a quick bite.  Then took a quick walk-about the front yard.  Spring is popping out all over.  Never mind that it is barely the middle of February and by the calendar should still be winter.  The bulbs are coming up.  The climbing roses are greeting the sun and this silly little English Daisy has actually bloomed a fresh flower.  The tree guy we had out yesterday recommended we deep water the trees. We have a ton of time and cash invested in those trees.  I'd hate to lose a single one of them.
Love those English Daisies

The bad news:  that nasty antibiotic makes me sick (it's actually one of the listed side effects).  Think of the worst stomach bug ever. That's how I feel.  All the time!  Reminds me of my pregnancies. 11 more days of pills.  I'm counting them down.

The good news:  I'm feeling so much better.  My headache is virtually gone.  My cough practically nonexistent. My ears (and teeth) no longer ache.  I'm on the mend and so grateful for improvement.

Today I'm grateful for lunches out.  For kindness wherever it peeks through.  For hugs.  For carrots to feed the neighbors' horses.  For sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment