Another Week Begins

Finally finished my Christmas candy.
And I'm already feeling a bit harried - it seems like there's a lot going on this week.  The weekends are never quite long enough.

We went to a rehearsal, and a meeting on Saturday morning (complete with doughnuts for the guys at the meeting).  A movie (yep, popcorn, too) and a frozen custard in the afternoon.  (I have a "thing" about the plastic spoons that are currently in vogue.  Someone needs to re-think their engineering, my lip barely escapes being cut from the spoon's sharp edge.)

Yesterday included being on time for church - which is iffy on the Daylight Saving Time change (it'd be nice if that particular practice was abandoned for lack of interest) a quick nap and a bit of Ten Virgins practice.  (Our ward is doing Emily Freeman's Parable of The Ten Virgins play for our R. S. birthday celebration.  It's ambitious for a small group with shorter than needed prep time. I've been dragging my attitude about it and need to shape up.)

I love seeing the deer.
This morning I was ready to head out at the usual time for my walk but I just couldn't - it was still too dark for rational humans to be walking outside.  I did see some deer (whenever I have to crop my phone pictures this much they always end up blurry - ahh, the limitations of technology) and wondered if some other walkers I encountered were puzzled at my singing out loud (softly out loud) to my iPod.  There's a song for the Ten Virgins play the sisters are having a bit of difficulty with, I've been enlisted to help so I've got to be a quick study with it since it's a song I surrendered to the other pianist.

Oddly enough, I've had more interaction with people from church today than I generally have in 3 or 4 weeks, let alone one day.  On the trail, at the grocery, on the phone (multiple times).  It's been anomalous.

I was so grateful yesterday to be in R. S.  The teacher was a sister I visit teach whose husband has the (recently discovered) brain cancer.  Title of the lesson:  Finding Joy In Our Trials.  More than one heart was touched.  It was nice to be sitting between a couple of my favorite ladies, made being in R. S. less weird.  I don't know how to behave around adults after spending the last two years in Primary.

I've been thinking lately about tolerance.  I'm nowhere near as tolerant as I ought to be.  And as I expect people to be with me.  And that word is one I always associate with my Dad - he was big on being tolerant with others.  I have a few fond memories of him, he was a good man.

I'm grateful today for friends that call when I can help, for the opportunity to start my day with a welcome from the sun, for plenty of good things to do, and for being greeted with a kiss, a smile and a warm hug.  I feel permanently deficit in the hugs, smiles and kisses department - can't seem to get enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment