Early Spring

Apricot blossoms
Most of the plants seem to be about six weeks early this year.  Today it was in the mid-60's outside. And while I'm not complaining, I am a bit concerned about the crops around here.

I quickly snapped this shot of my friend's apricot tree.  It isn't nearly as lovely as it usually is - there are lots of dead brown blossoms from the latest frost.  These blooms have come out since, but there's really no way to know yet if there will be fruit.  Still, it is a lovely, lovely tree.

I can't help but smile when I see this happy color.
Had occasion today to listen to a man on the phone with his wife.  "Love you, bye" he said.  This isn't the first time I've heard that particular ending to a phone conversation.  I've been hearing it a lot and it always resonates with me.  I so love hearing people express their connection and commitment to those that are important to them.  And the fact that it easily trips off the tongue reinforces the opinion that it is verbalized often - it is important to them to share their feelings.  I hope to continue to have my heart warmed by hearing those words - not only between others, but also towards me.

I'm grateful today for the blooming daffodils and fruit trees.  For walks in the sunrise.  For the luxury of my car, for chocolate, and for kind people.  In my view, sincere kindness could never be too abundant.

No comments:

Post a Comment