Finally Done...and Lost

Finally Finished!!
It's been 10 days that have felt like a month since beginning the replacement antibiotic.  Confusing instructions / requirements and side effects have left me anxiously awaiting the ingestion of the last dose.  YAY!  I made it!  My new (and ever-in-place) goal is to be healthy, without infections or health issues.  I'm much happier when I'm whole.

I don't often lose things.  Yes, really.  But I did it.  Somewhere between the dungeness crab bisque (Fisherman's Wharf) and airport security I lost my FitBit One.  The clip is quite secure.  I'm baffled as to howwhenwhere it happened.  And sad.  This was an upgrade The Husband gifted me.  I use it to track my steps that earns me cash (through The Husband's employer) that buys me lovelies I wouldn't otherwise spend the money for.  Coincidentally I had some earned money that I hadn't yet spent.  As soon as the gift card arrives I'll be off to Best Buy for a replacement.  In the meantime I'm surprised at how much I'm missing tracking all those steps I take.

I'm still thinking about dinner the other night.  We were with co-workers of The Husband.  In the course of the conversation one of them discovered some of the great companies The Husband has worked for.  Another then commented: yes, he's lived a charmed life.   Wow - really?  I could list all the ways that has not even remotely felt the case over the years.  And yet, how grateful I was for that perspective.  In spite of complications and the usual challenges life brings, it has been a good life. How grateful I am he voiced that sentiment.

Had occasion yesterday to borrow a personal book.  I felt privileged to be using something important to someone, with their individual stamp on its pages.  There's a real sense of connection when you're allowed a peek into the private expressions of someone's personality.  I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I'm grateful today to be home, my favorite place to be.  With the one(s) I love.  I'm grateful for the diminishing piles of laundry that attest to our comfortable life style. Which life-style is a direct result of The Husband's work ethic.  I'm grateful for grocery stores that are filled with such variety of choice and abundance.  And today I'm grateful for the much needed rain blessing our environs.

And for the end of the antibiotics (and the infection they treated).

No comments:

Post a Comment