Yesterday

Apricot tree, last Tuesday a.m.
Went out for a walk yesterday morning (oh, how I've missed my morning walks lately).  I knew I was taking a risk, but decided it would be worth it.  It was a perfect morning for a walk - cool but not too cold, beautiful sunrise, no precipitation - in spite of strong predictions otherwise.

Was home for a little less than an hour and we were in the middle of a blizzard! How glad I was to be able to get my walk in before the storm.  It was wet weather all day long.
Yesterday 7:30 a.m.

I have a friend who has a couple apricot trees.  She's kind about bringing me some of the fruit each year, which I so love!  (I'm the only apricot fancier around here.)  Last Tuesday the blossoms of her tree were ready to just pop into bloom, roughly 6 weeks too early.  After yesterday's snow and overnight temperatures in the 20's I think she won't be having any apricots to share this year.

Around 9 a.m. yesterday:  SNOW!
Although there's currently snow on the ground, the sun is brightly beaming down on us and all the paved surfaces are dry.  It's a lovely day for a walk - and I happened upon a sweet soul doing just that as I drove home.  What fun to share a wave!

It's been so lovely to be home I haven't even minded the vacuuming.

I received an email from a dear friend.  How grateful I am that people keep in touch, who reach out in kind friendship.  Reminds me of these few lines we heard the other night.  (I realize it is an old Irish toast (other wise described as an Irish Proverb) used when drinking with pals - I still like the sentiment.)

There are good ships and wood ships, ships that sail the sea, but the best ships are friendships, may they always be!

Irish Proverb

Today I'm grateful for friends - whoever and wherever they may be found.  (The Husband had one of his guys insta-lunch today.  I love how he comes home happy from being with the men.) And for the lovely seasons of the earth even when they seem to be mixed up and confused.

No comments:

Post a Comment