Almost Mid-Week

Somehow, oft-times, we start off the week on Sunday thinking we're going to have a bit of a calmer week.  What on earth were we thinking?

The Husband's work (we are so very grateful for employment!) has had him tied in knots.  Deadlines, changes in stuff he needs to do, additional things to do - reviews, etc.  have cropped up in seemingly endless supply frustrating his efforts to actually do his work.

The toe of my shoe for comparison.
Then there's the stuff on the calendar:  a granddaughter's birthday for which we hope we'll be able to see her at least for a few minutes.  The Symphony.  The Temple.  A couple movies I'm quite anxious to see (might have to give up on those).  The window washers.  Haircuts.  All those things are good and important.  They just all take time.  Time that seems to slip through our fingers.  Leaving us a teensy exasperated at our lack of progress in accomplishing things.

Sigh.  I wish I had an answer.

Yesterday morning while walking, I nearly stepped on this moth (have discovered it is a white-lined sphinx moth).  Not a little one, but I'm glad I saw it in time to keep from sending it to its demise.  I missed my walk this morning.  I can tell.

This doesn't look like much of an owie by now, but on Saturday afternoon I took a big chunk of skin out of my hand when closing the backyard gate.  Haven't had a tetanus shot since we've been in this house (14 years).  The ever-patient Husband took me off - again - to the Insta Care for one.  I'm dejected by how much time and money we've spent on doctors and hospitals lately - on my account. I try really hard to be healthy. (I actually thought I was too ornery to get sick!)

Today I'm grateful for visits from those we love.  And for gifts of flower bouquets.  And for forgiveness for the things I constantly repent of (a too frequent process!).

No comments:

Post a Comment