Earth Day

2 ducks and a goose.
What better way to start this day than by being out in our gorgeous world?  I always chuckle when I see ducks and geese on rooftops. I never expect to see those waddling creatures silhouetted against the morning sun.

We celebrated Earth Day by having our windows washed.  Outside.  And inside!  What a delightful treat to have someone clean them.  The Husband can clean them, and has.  Often.  But they all really needed a thorough wash by someone with all the appropriate ladders / equipment, someone who could come in and do them all at once. We scurried around this morning raising blinds, moving furniture out of the way, wiping down the windowsills.  The sheer curtains in our bedroom were way-overdue for cleaning as well.  So in the washing machine they went.
Beautiful (Clean!!) View

I've been dancing around with mental glee at the totally fresh outlook we have!  While I'm not fond of feeling like I live in a fishbowl, it was challenging to drop the blinds again - I wanted to leave the windows all wide open letting in the sunshine and beautiful view.  (And the bonus?  The guy said he couldn't resist cleaning the mirror in the powder room!  I look almost lovely in a reflection sans dust film.)

Today is also the celebration of the birth of one of our granddaughters.  Hopefully we'll get to see her for a minute or two and share some hugs and a bit of happiness.

I love how it feels so much brighter when things are clean.  I like clean.  Just wish I liked to clean more than I do.  I'm fair-to-middling at it.  That means I could be worse.  I'll work on being better.

I'm grateful today for windows and the (luxurious) ability to have them cleaned (just in time for the coming rain).  I love that we can see the outside from the in.

No comments:

Post a Comment