And Another Week Begins

I'm counting on yesterday being the last of my embarrassment.  At least for a spell.  After having forgotten three important things that I needed to take with me to church, we ended up being the cause for much riotous laughter in Sunday School class.  Rather than detailing the cause of The Husband's completely red face, I'll just say cell-phones / texting and leave the rest to the imagination.  Though it probably won't have nearly the impact as the real thing (and it was really funny to everyone but us!).

In the last three days there have been funerals for two men that we knew and cared about.  How did we get to be so old that the funerals are outnumbering the weddings?

Oohhh...Aahhh.
After a weekend of rain, rain and more rain (and the return of the heat on in the house) we woke to a glorious morning.  The sunrise was spectacular - both on the mountains rimming the west side of the valley and the ones on the east doing their best to boost the sun high in the sky.  I loved my morning walk - stood for a time and watched seven deer rummage in the grass for breakfast, listened to the song sparrows and breathed the cool air.  Among the very bestest ways to start the day.

I've had a prayer ongoing in my heart for several days.  Had something coming up that was ripe for a question that I didn't want to answer.  And if pressed for an answer would find it hard to give the resounding "NO" that I'd want to give.  It's so hard for me to tell people no.  Especially when I really want (and try) to be kind.   I ended up sitting in my car thanking Heavenly Father for the answer to my prayer - the question never arose. What a huge relief.  And another tender mercy.  A tender mercy more needed, perhaps, after the humiliation of yesterday.

The Husband took a couple more orchids up the hill to the shop for dividing / repotting.  I have more orchid babies!  Haven't the faintest clue what to do with them all.  One of these is a "nameless" orchid - haven't a clue what kind it is.  It happens to be more fussy than the phalaenopsis, and isn't nearly as lovely looking a plant, in spite of my best efforts.  The gal up at the shop wasn't very encouraging. I think she thought it wasn't worth her time or attention to separate and repot.  The Husband insisted, it never refuses to bloom in spite of my ineptitude.  So, we took up two orchids and came home with four.  I'm now officially out of shelf space.

My Hawthorne tree (pictured above) burst into bloom over the weekend. And the tri-color beech trees down in the stairwell and almost there.  What isn't to love about the beauty of spring?!

Today I'm grateful for blooming plants.  For hopeful sunrises.  And for clear answers to prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment