W-E-D-N-E-S-D-A-Y

Wishing The Husband was home already.

Empty. Even though I've been keeping busy, I have a mental picture of the house looking like a deflated balloon.  All the air goes out of the house when The Husband is gone.

Clean Car = Happy Car (and driver!)
Did it - finally.  Stopped at the car wash, deposited an exorbitant amount of money for the luxury of sitting inside my car while said car got a much needed bath.  My car is much happier / peppier since then.

Needed some more carrots.  My friendly neighborhood horse exhibited much dejection in his slumped posture when I walked past this morning and didn't have carrot-treats to start his day. Was a surprise that I could interpret so much emotion from his physical stance.

Eye Candy
Each individual hydrangea plant is lovely. Grouped together in this largish display they are an impressive way to greet shoppers entering the grocery. Love, love, love blooming things.

Soon it'll be imperative for me to spend some time in the roses.  And planting the flowering lovelies we purchased over the weekend.  Not today, though.

Discovered the child's menu at Cafe Rio. A child's meal (meat quesadilla with black beans, no tortilla chips and a cup for a very rare-for-me root beer - too bad it wasn't diet) is just the right size for me.  I love those black beans.  And I didn't come out of there feeling like I was breathing out green skulls from the bad breath.

Am looking forward to the BYU Women's Conference tomorrow.  The weather will be good (have done it in pouring rain - not quite so fun), I'll be with some women who are dear to me, I have enough snacky-type-food things to get me through the day and I expect to have enough enrichment to carry me for a while.

Yay for happy plants.  I spotted new shoots of leaves on the orchid that had all those babies a month or two ago.  The original plant and also one of the babies are exhibiting their joy at being attended to. (It's always a risk, dividing and re-potting plants like that.  I keep my expectations low and am delighted when the reward appears!)

I'm so grateful today for sunshine that doesn't (so far at least) make things too hot, just pleasantly warm.  I'm grateful for a decent night's rest, for texted pictures from The Husband (I loved seeing his smile), for celebratory phone calls from "done-with-the-finals-college-graduating" granddaughters, and for things (including hugs) to look forward to.  We do live in a wonderful world.

1 comment: