I Still Like Thursdays

Here are a couple things from my walk this morning.

This black dog had an ow-ie on his paw.  I know where he lives, I see him all the time when I walk. But he doesn't really know me in spite of his wagging tail.  I wanted to see why he wouldn't put any weight on that one paw, but was afraid of getting bit.  I hope he's ok, he really wanted to walk a ways with me.

There's fresh snow on those west-side-of-the-valley mountains.  I loved the clouds nestled among them.  About this point on my walk I spotted a hoppity rabbit - with a ginormous white puffy tail.  No way was I going to get a picture of him - he was way too quick!

I loved these robins perched like ornaments in the tree.  (Of course, in the time it took to pull my phone out and activate the camera several of them took wing.  Still, though, they looked nice against the morning sky.)  There's something so beautiful and clean about the way the air smells after the rain.

A couple weeks ago I picked up this new purse.  It isn't news to those who know me that I'm not into being trendy.  (Matter-of-fact, the older I get the more important comfort is to me.) I'm not into the latest styles or fads, I prefer to spend our cash on things of more lasting value than the immediate. Somehow I got it into my head that I'd like a cross-body bag, one I could sling over my shoulder leaving my hands free.  I have a small nylon one I use for traveling, but wanted a more durable/better looking one for everyday.  Can I just say how much I've loved this?!?  Running errands is so much more pleasant with my hands free.  And now that I'm old, I figure no one really looks at me anyway, so as long as I'm clean, tidy and comfortable I figure I've the best situation of all.

I've been struggling my way through Veronica Roth's last book of the trilogy.  Allegiant.  I've been struck by Tris' astonishment at the discovery that everything in her world was on camera.  I often feel like someone is watching me, taking note of my behavior - good or bad.  I have long believed that there are angels keeping vigil over us, and a Heavenly Father keeping watch over all His children. Makes me desire (pretty much all the time!) to please Him.  I don't always measure up, I often fail.  I believe the Atonement of Jesus Christ will cover all my shortcomings.  What an incredibly astonishing gift to our world.  I am grateful.  And I will not give up in my quest to improve.

Today's thanks is for lunch out with a couple of my favorite guys.  For rain.  For chocolate milk.  For a new purse.  And for family, I love when they reach out to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment