Strawberries, Apples and Stitches

Spent some time traversing the aisles of the grocery this morning.  I noticed a man pushing his cart. He reminded me of my Dad.  Same sort of walk, same shape head / hair.  Same mustache (although this man's had clearly been darkened.)  I had this crazy impulse to go up and give him a hug.  All of a sudden I really missed my Dad.  Somewhere amidst the apples, oranges and cucumbers rational thought prevailed and the impulse evaporated.  Still...I miss my Dad.

My very favorite apple!
Last night The Husband discovered a box of pictures we'd forgotten about.  (Maybe we should seriously consider moving so we can thoroughly clean?!?) The grandchildren were the predominant subjects of the pictures.  It's so strange to see how we've visually aged over the last 12-14 years.  Even though I still think I look young - but really, who am I kidding? (I refuse to color my hair, my attempts to slim down have failed and the wrinkles around my eyes have become permanent furrows - what makes me think those all equate to young looking?)  Little kids are generally so happy! I'm so glad we have pictures of happy little ones. (Although we came across a picture of a granddaughter whose face is spitting daggers at whoever it was she was looking at! And it was still cute!)
First ones of the season.

The Husband also spent some time working on the ice maker.  Again.  First thing this morning I blinded myself with the light from the freezer and Woohoo!!  Ice!  Thus The Husband maintains his outstanding record as the fixer-of-all-things (including my grumpy heart!).

I am fully flawed.
Today's grocery run yielded my favorite apples, and a container of strawberries- our first strawberries of the season. And yes, they tasted mighty fine. I'm so grateful for the wonderful variety of foods that enhance the way we sustain our bodies.

I loved this needlework piece I came across.  There's a something to this. (I might have to stitch it!)

Today I found myself smiling - I'm so grateful for life.

No comments:

Post a Comment