Post-Weekend

And the very bestest thing about it was our communication with our kids.

We managed a "happy-birthday" conversation with our daughter.  It felt like we could talk for hours. We hope her birthday celebration continues, one day isn't enough!

We drove to Utah county so see our son and daughter-in-law.  What fun it was to see them.  They look good, seem happy and give really great hugs!  We got to feed carrots to their horse, and spend some time together over a yummy meal.  The most heartwarming was how happy our son is- he seemed delighted to see us and just hang out.  It couldn't have been nicer!

Sometimes I get a catch in my breath as I see what wonderful people my children have become. However they managed to get from their birth to fully-kind grown-ups is beyond my comprehension.  (And all of it in spite of my shortcomings (hopefully they'll always know they're loved anyway) as a mother!)

I couldn't resist these pink blossoms!
Church was strange for me.  I subbed (mostly adequately) for the ward chorister.  And warmed the piano bench (and keys) for Sr. Primary.  In spite of the fact that I made a bunch of mistakes, I felt right a home there.  I received an unexpected but nice text from a sister expressing enjoyment of the hymns I had chosen for the meeting. The men of our ward choir sang one of my favorite hymns.  Sundays seem to be kind of odd more often than they feel average.

I was met on my walk this morning by my favoritest person in the whole world.  I fed multiple horses their morning carrot-treat. Saw a big goose on top of a silo and loved being out in the early morning.

I'm grateful today for loving children.  For the safety of family that survived their car's impact with a sofa on the freeway (late at night at freeway speeds:  scary!).  For the rain that is headed our way. For visiting teaching this week that will enable me to interact with some really lovely women. For smiley memories of our weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment