Friday,Friday

There is a duck on that middle rock!
And I'm thinking it'll be an interesting weekend.  It's supposed to rain, rain, rain on Saturday, our only day for errands/play/yardwork.  The Husband planned to work on the growboxes, but I think he's scrapped that idea.  The weather guy even said it was possible to wake up to snow on the valley floors.  Oy!  My annuals!

On my walk this morning I tried to get a shot of this cute duck just sitting on the rock in the middle of this catch-basin.  Can't really see the duck but got an awesome reflection of the mountains and clouds.  I was able to watch the muskrat go back and forth - the creek has been flowing fast and high with all our rain (yay! I'm so grateful for rain).  Today the mud had settled and the water was clear enough for the muskrat to enjoy his morning swim.  I loved watching him.

Eye candy.
Made a quick (though not cheap) run to Costco.  Was gone from the house about an hour, maybe a bit under.  And was I ever glad I made it quick.  It felt like Christmas there with all the hordes of people. Try as I did to get a picture of the flowers it wasn't possible without some dude or other inserting himself into my shot (deleted multiple pics because of some head or elbow or heinie).  It seemed like the flowers went as far as the eye could see - and this was only one side of the display.  The other side was equally beautimous and even more heavily peopled.

I received a gift for Mom's day in the mail - how thoughtful and kind - I'll thoroughly enjoy eating my way through the gift card.  The givers are on their way east for the college graduation of our oldest granddaughter. It'll be a treasured experience, I'm sure.  (I'm just hoping their plane's route will steer clear of all the tornadoes tormenting the plains states. Could be a riveting ride.)

I'm looking forward to a couple days with The Husband away from his computer.  How grateful we are for employment!  He still makes me laugh, after all these years.

I'm grateful for an awareness of our blessings,  Heavenly Father surely does love His children.

No comments:

Post a Comment