Words

 I've been thinking a lot lately about words and their power.

This a.m.'s lovely moon.
And remembering a conversation I had with a friend a bit ago.  About prayer.  We talked about vain repetition and motherly concerns. And about our love for God.

I pray every day. Multiple times.  I need that connection to our Heavenly Father. I pray for those I love - my husband, children and grandchildren.  I pray for help in being unselfish, courageous and optimistic. And for help to be kind.  I value kindness.

Unfortunately, I'm not always kind.  Sometimes I wish I could reach over and bop that other person on the head.  "Seriously - don't you - can't you ...?" (Isn't it interesting that I'm totally peeved with those who continually tell me what/how to be/do but have those very same impulses myself?)

Words have great power.  They can uplift, encourage and love.  They can hurt and wound. They can access the powers of Heaven.

I love this song - listen to it often. (While the conservative religious person in me wishes this song used respectful words when referencing our Heavenly Father, the message is still so valuable.)

Words (Official Music Video) - YouTube

The song is Words by Hawk Nelson, a Christian group.

I try every day to find some way to be kind.  It is an ongoing effort, one I hope to never abandon.

No comments:

Post a Comment