Thursday/Friday Almost The Weekend

After a morning spent running errands, I spent the rest of yesterday on the loveseat.  Between my tooth/teeth/ears/head there wasn't much above my neck that wasn't hurting.  Maybe my eyes weren't but that was about it.  Still is.

I read a book, played my iPad and napped the rest of the day away.  Until....The Husband arrived!! What balm to my soul to have him back again.

This morning I abandoned all thoughts of my walk and just slowly embraced the day. What a luxury to do as I wish!

The rest of our morning was filled with medical visits.  The new ENT guy pronounced me "not quite a sinus infection, but close" and sent me off for a prescription (some antihistamine nasal spray). $91.50?!!??!! And we don't even know if it will work.  But try it I will.  I plan to get every speck of value from it!

The Husband has a demo-trial hearing aid.  The jury will be out on it for a bit.  That's also a nice chunk of change to part with (not covered by insurance) but it will be worth every single cent if it helps him.

We still marvel at the vibrancy of the tri-color beech this year!  The extended cooler weather's impact is visible on this beautiful tree.  How grateful I am that we planted it.

The gutters are getting another cleaning:  I've watched The Husband scoop handful after handful of gunk from them - mostly cottonwood tree seeds.  Perhaps this time it'll last for a bit.

Some months ago The Husband's almost-favorite (the really favorite ones bit the dust a bit ago) glasses bit the dust.  The frames are no longer available so replacement isn't possible.  He's graciously though with a bit of reluctance worn other less favorite glasses.  Received a call the other day from the eye dr.'s office.  She has some frames she thinks will work to swap out the lenses, but let's not tell The Husband just yet in case it doesn't work.  Off I go the next day to pick them up and voila!  They work!  He is smiling, delighted and thrilled with them!  Another tender mercy, one of those unexpected blessings tailored just for him- the ones that might seem small to the world but seem huge in his world.  And for her:  just another day at the office, being her kind self.



This is particularly touching to my heart.  We are quite independent souls, try to not ask things of others.  The Husband is one of those thoughtful people who as a matter of course grasps at all kinds of opportunities to serve others.  It's perfectly wonderful that someone was able to serve him in such an unexpected but completely useful way.

Yesterday morning I was out as the sun was coming up.  It was cool, and the air was pretty moist from the overnight rain.  As the sunshine warmed the grass, a thin layer of mist appeared.  What a fun sight, not often seen here in dry Utah.

I'm so grateful for the safe return of The Husband. For the ability to get in quickly to see the doctor for some (hopefully) quick relief of sinus issues.  For gift cards for lunch out.  And for kind souls who answer the call to spread a bit of joy to others.  Heavenly Father watches out for us.

1 comment:

  1. sorry you still do not feel well but glad hubby is home to take care of you!

    ReplyDelete