Monday Again Already?

Such fun to do!
The weekend went way too fast and we didn't have near enough fun, although there was fun to be had.

Almost-spur-of-the-moment dinner with some friends at Cheesecake Factory was delightful! Nearly made up for the hours The Husband had to spend working on Saturday.  I'm definitely not complaining, just am grateful that he's willing to spend so much effort maintaining his "employed" status to provide for us, when I'm thinking he'd be just as happy to be retired.  Someday, maybe.

He'll be leaving for the office in the early morning - it'll be a long week without him. I'm already looking forward to Friday.

Father's Day found me once again befuddled for gift ideas.  I often spout my philosophy about how I think it's great to be content.  (And I really do believe that.)  But it does make gifting more difficult.  I ended up getting him some toiletry items he normally considers too expensive. Wimpy, wimpy, wimpy.  He did hear from all the sons and daughters which was nice.  He gets w-a-y too little recognition for all he does.

Was lucky enough today to spend some time stitching.  I received this particular design (complete with hand-dyed linen and floss) for Christmas.  It's slow going but I am so loving working on it.  Not to mention that the picture and words just "speak" to me.  It'll cost a small fortune to frame, but will look great on one of our walls.

I'm so grateful for some peace in our area.  My heart aches when I think of the strife and wars (and their consequences) that are fought across the world.  I'm grateful for people at church who are kind, recognizing that it's a place for all of us, kind or not (and sometimes we're not kind). I'm grateful that I can walk to the sunrise every morning, following my own schedule / whim / route.  I thrive on that. And I'm grateful for ready hugs that make me feel safe and cherished.  I like feeling that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment