What Day Is It Really?

7 a.m. looking NW across the valley
I got so used to The Husband's office trips being Mon. - Thurs. that when he goes Tues. - Fri. it really throws me off.  I feel off kilter.

Yesterday morning's walk had me being passed from behind by at least 15 bicyclists - none who warned me they were coming (I about jumped out of my skin multiple times!).  This morning - was similarly passed by about 10 or so bicyclists and all but one warned me.  That little thing greatly improved my walk.

7 a.m. looking east, anticipating the sun.
The sky out was lovely - I even caught sight of a rainbow.  Not super bright, and short-lived, but still fun to see.
Lots of apples on this tree.

I've got some things to do today - enough to keep me busy.  I might even treat myself to a mid-afternoon meal at Cafe Rio, I still have some money left on my gift card.

I loved reading this little article - I'm so glad for perceptive people.

http://tinybuddha.com/blog/thanking-the-thankless-a-little-praise-can-go-a-long-way/

I'm grateful for food gift cards, for air conditioning, for a sweet neighbor who responded to my text with warmth and love. For deer (and rabbit) sightings. For the blessing of uplifting music.  And for kindness. (I'm working on always being a purveyor of it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment