Thursday Goodies

Headed off this morning for my dreaded (and not quite annual though it's supposed to be annual) physical.  He's an ok dr.  I liked our previous one better.  But who we choose is governed by the insurance company. (Sometimes I think the various insurance companies govern the country!)

He looked over the paperwork.  (The receptionist said this was the new paperless approach, but there were still multiple real pieces of paper.) Couldn't really find anything to talk about which I think perplexed him a bit.  Did the requisite probing, palpating, listening, looking and pronounced me fine for another year (unless, he said, I get sick).

There are a couple minor tests ordered, but they're nothing.  It's been quite some time since my bone density scan so I'm off to do that tomorrow.  The best part about that is that I can legitimately wear stretchy waist pants.  (I'll have to dig some out of the closet depths.)

One of the best parts of the visit?  I didn't have to get weighed!  She took pity on me with my boot and took my word. (And since I didn't get weighed and my weight hasn't skyrocketed too bad since I'm not burning those morning-walk-calories I straightaway baked brownies.) This morning, even my blood pressure cooperated.

Came home to this sweet card.  Someone kind enough to say to me they were thinking of me and wishing me well.  I can't say how much that touched my heart.

I'm still looking for a volunteer to take my Ward Music Chair calling.  Haven't received any offers yet.  Though I did receive another (as I call them) "opportunity to be flexible".   I'm keeping my sighs inside my head.

 I'm grateful that I'm learning to check my text messages before I hit "send" so that I don't inadvertently embarrass myself (or anyone else). Though my success rate is closer to 50% than 90%.

I'm grateful that another hurdle (the physical) has been hurdled.  I'm grateful that someone was kind to me.  I'm grateful for a pretty healthy body.  I'm grateful for wise articulate people. And for hugs that are ready for me anytime, anywhere.  Yes, I'm grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment