Wednesday's Worries

I get teased a bit by my family.  I was endowed with extra worry genes.  And yes, I firmly believe it is genetic.  Try though I might to be otherwise, it is just the way I came.  I remember worrying about things even as a little pig-tailed girl.

So here's my worry list for today.

1.  I worry that I'll be stuck at home the entire day tomorrow because of the street re-sealing.  We won't be allowed to drive on it for 6 - 8 hours.

2.  I worry that by the time I manage to make it to Costco they'll have run out of the foodstuffs I need.

3.  I worry that we'll be in the middle of grilling something and run out of the propane and the extra tanks will all still be empty.

4.  I worry that I'll never make it back on the trail.  I miss it so.

5.  I worry that someone won't like the hymns I choose for Sacrament meeting.

6.  I worry that I'll run out of good books to read.

Silly, isn't it all?  And yep, it's all tongue in cheek.  I'm not really worried about all that. I daren't put my actual fears down in black and white, it somehow makes them more real.

Yummy!
Made my first-of-the-season stop at our local farmstand.  Came home with fresh tomatoes, cucumbers and corn on the cob.  What a heavenly meal we had that night.  (Although I learned it's better to time my visit there other than first thing Monday morning. Tuesday morning when I drove by they had many more tomatoes and even some fresh cantaloupe.)

Visit taught one of our sweet sisters this morning.  She is an amazing example of all that is good as she helps her husband navigate the murky waters of cancer.  She related something she heard that she is taking to heart.  The gist of it is:  this is the new normal.  Life will never be what it was.  Learning to accept and thrive in the new situation is a blessing.  How I admire her strength, wisdom and spirituality.  What a privilege it is to visit with her in her home.

And tonight I'm grateful for ace bandages and lots of socks.  For people willing to hem The Husband's pants so they look professional and not done by an amateur.   For soon-to-come visits from kids.  For chocolate.  And especially for good examples to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment