Street Sealing

Was up early this morning to move the car.  A couple times.

Our street was scheduled for a slurry seal which meant if we wanted to go somewhere during the day we'd have to have our car parked up around the corner since the sealant has to dry / cure for a minimum of 6 hours before use.

Naturally, this would be the day we received the long-anticipated phone call saying our painted rails from the back are ready to be delivered today (the only day available for our friend/repair guy). Who knows when they'll come now.  :^)

The Husband offered to park the car down the street for me.  I demurred, was looking forward to it.  Decided after leaving the car around the corner that it wasn't the right place so I headed back out to move it.  What a lovely treat it was for me to get out and hobble/walk a bit in the crisp early morning as I went back and forth getting the car in just the right spot.  (I called a morning greeting to my horse friend who instantly responded.  He hasn't yet forgotten his carrot-giver.)   I took my time, just ambled along.  What an instant mood elevator!  I loved the start to this day.

And we've plenty to do around here while the street dries.  It's almost a stay-at-home-adventure!

I'm grateful for choices - that I get to decide whether to stay or go.  What a luxury that is.  I'm grateful for a comfortable place to live, and that we can afford (so far, anyway) to maintain it properly.  I'm grateful for our 20 foot rule (anytime The Husband or I passes within 20 feet of the other we seize the opportunity to hug / kiss.  I love it!) How fortunate we are that The Husband is able to work at home. And I'm grateful for our beautiful shade trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment