Doofus

Had a book to return to the library so that was the goal for my morning walk.  I took it easy, walked (still limping a teensy) slow and thoroughly enjoyed my errand.  The best part:  The Husband walked out and met me on my return journey.  I love being kissed by him out on the trail.

I had to take a picture of this bicycle.  The crook of the tree is about 8 feet above the ground.  Wish I knew the backstory on the bike-in-the-tree.

So, after my shower and getting my hair done I did the usual - retrieved my wedding ring, earrings and watch from the drawer and put them all on before I headed out.

This is what I did during the day:

Went to the post office
Ambled around the grocery picking up stuff on my list
Visited for probably 45 minutes with our ward Choir Director about the Christmas program
Chatted with our friend out on the driveway - he did us a big favor
Talked numerous times face-to-face with The Husband

About 4:30, just before going Visiting Teaching I discovered my right earring was gone! I was crushed - these have been a favorite and the ones I wear 90% of the time. The hoops are just the right size and they have just a teensy bit of sparkle to them.  Wandered all around the house looking for them. No luck.

I was bemoaning the loss of my earring with the other two ladies when we got to talking about automatic behavior.  And I began to wonder - did I really put on both earrings this morning?  Or stop with just one?

Race-walked into the bedroom as soon as I returned home to check the overnight resting place of my earrings/wedding ring/ watch.  And what do you know! My other earring.

Now seriously...all those people I interacted and talked with today and not one person noticed I was only wearing one earring?  That completely befuddles me!

The good news in all of this is that I didn't really lose an (and a precious one to me) earring.

Today I'm grateful for my morning walk.  And for the fact that I'm only a doofus part of the time.
Even once a year is too much and my record is more like once a week.  I'm grateful it's only a part-time gig for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment