I Am A Klutz

Our friends have an anniversary ten days before ours.  We've shared our celebration for a few years - generally including food, often at a bit more upscale restaurant than we usually eat.  This year was The Tuscany here in SLC.  The Husband and I hadn't ever eaten there.

In retrospect I think that was one of the loveliest evenings we've had in quite some time.  The weather was just perfect for eating out on the terrace - wasn't even windy as it so often is around here.  A wedding reception on the neighboring terrace provided live music for our dining pleasure that wasn't at all intrusive, just the right audio level.  (We figured that reception must have cost the parents a cool $20K.) The food and service was superb.  I can't think of a single thing that would have improved the evening.  We all need those times when things just seem to fall perfectly in place - the memories are priceless.

Yay!  Blooms!  
I noticed these blooms on my African Violet.  The center plant was the one that concerned me - it alone hadn't bloomed after my learning-to-re-pot-African-Violets experience.  But here we are: flowers!  I love flowers in the house.

So yesterday was apparently the day that comes around every so often - the one where I'm a complete klutz, yes even more than usual.  First thing:  soap in my eyes when I showered.  How did that ever happen?  I've been showering for ages, know how to avoid that. But not yesterday.

I've wrestled with the velcro on my ankle brace since day one.  It is possessed.  That strength of velcro should be outlawed - or used only in industrial applications.  Result:  massive snags and holes in my (brand-new-fresh-from-the-package) pantyhose before I even got my skirt on. Decided if I tried to change my pantyhose (and yes, I realize I'm like that last woman on earth to still wear pantyhose) I'd likely ruin that pair too, so I opted to keep the damage to a minimum.  Hobbled off to church wearing "holy / holey" hose.

As I left the piano bench I felt a sharp pain in my ankle.  No idea what I did, torqued it somehow. There's no swelling or bruising that I can see, but I've had to resort to some ibuprofen for the pain, it kept me awake through the night. Am I ever going to be fully recovered and feeling vibrant and well again?

The rest of the day was uneventful, mostly because I came home and exerted as little possible physical effort as possible.  Still, those days when I'm out of synch with my body are annoying. Hopefully my kluztiness wore itself out yesterday and today will be less embarrassing.

Yesterday's vocal solo / flute accompaniment was so lovely.  We are so blessed by Heavenly Father's creation of music in our lives.

I heard this phrase yesterday that stuck with me.  "Habit of the heart".  I love it.  What kind of heart habit can I work on today?  Using only kind words?  Being courteous?  Smiling at strangers?  Or maybe all of them?  I shall try.

I'm grateful for ibuprofen and allergy remedies.  I'm grateful for beautiful music.  For friends to share celebrations with.  For something to look forward to.  And especially for hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment