Oh, Frabjous Day!!

Several things to note today:

•  The Husband returns home tonight!  Tonight can't come soon enough for me!

He seems to love his carrot treat.
•  I've walked three mornings this week.  S-l-o-w-l-y and ever so carefully.  But how lovely it's been to be out for the sunrise.  The best thing of all?  There is definite improvement in my foot - easily recognizable expanded range of movement and minimizing of pain.   Ran a couple errands this morning and hardly noticed my foot ache.  YAY! for me! My hope is renewed once again.

•  The horse has readily come for carrot breakfast treat the last two mornings.  Even whines a bit when I leave.  Nice to know I'm not forgotten.

•  Stopped at a store the other day to pick up a couple gifts.  They were out.  Took my name and number to call me when the stock came in.  Unexpectedly, and delightfully so, received a call yesterday that my items arrived.  Picked them up this morning with a smile in my heart - it seems rare for me to receive that kind of customer service.

•  Loved this shirt I saw in a catalog the other day.  Yep, that would be me.  I love our library.

• Out on my errands:  95% of the lights I encountered were green!  Made for a smooth trip.

• Noticed a little family as I drove past.  Mom, Dad and tot in stroller.  Matching ponytails for all.

Yes, life feels better today.
For the first time in weeks I actually woke up feeling a bit of a "chipper" attitude.  It's been a long time - welcome back.  I'm so grateful today to re-acquaint myself with my friend hope.  It has seemed a bit inactive the last while.  I'm grateful to have something to look forward to:  a hug or two from The Husband tonight.  I'm so grateful to be able to move my foot with minimal pain.  I'm grateful for this body that can heal and feel good.  I'm also grateful someone treated me to a small U-Swirl frozen yogurt, it was great fun (and tasty).

I count on the fact that things will not always run smoothly, but for this moment, at least, I'm grateful to feel strong enough to handle what comes my way.  Hopefully I'll always make at least some small progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment