Proof of Progress

Today was my target day.  To get back on the trail.  To see the sun rise.  To start to feel healthy again.

And I did it.  Was up and out of the house at 6:45 - not as early as I used to, but early enough.

Walked 1.2 miles.  Took me half an hour.  (And there's more pain in my foot than I like - I figure that's muscle atrophy that I will re-build.) But I loved being out in the morning.

I called to the horse as I passed.  He didn't even raise his head.  I fear he's forgotten me.  Perhaps (after a trip to the store for carrots) tomorrow he'll remember.

This was my favorite way to start the morning.

And last post I mentioned about lacking patience?  I read a thing this morning that said patience wasn't being able to wait for something, it was being able to wait with a good attitude.  I've really worked on that.  (Or at least hiding my discomfort.)  Wonder how successful I've really been.

I'm so grateful that I was able to get out this morning.  And grateful that in only a couple days The Husband will be home.

Addendum:  Stopped for a gift card at a local eatery.  Made a mental note to not buy cookies there.  The woman manning the drive-through: touched her headset, handled all the money, debit cards and register while taking the cookies off the tray with her same bare hands, placing them on a unprotected counter then carefully wrapping them for delivery through the window.  Who knows what's been on that counter?  Or how clean her hands are?  Makes me grateful I rarely use a drive-through.

No comments:

Post a Comment