Just a Few Random Thoughts

Looking west at 7 a.m.
• I still love the sunrise.  No matter where I am, I love being out to see the early morning sky.  Something about it reaches to my soul.  I took numerous pictures on this morning's walk. And came home invigorated and ready to face the day.  I have long been fond of the character of this tree - love its silhouette against the western sky.   And those clouds nestled against the fresh snow on the mountains up Little Cottonwood Canyon are just lovely.  What a blessing this beautiful world is.

Looking east at Little Cottonwood Canyon.

• Received an early Christmas gift - socks!  I love socks.  Especially new ones.

• Came home from my walk and re-organized my shoe shelf in the closet.  Yes, I have enough shoes to completely fill a shelf - several pairs high (that many shoes are a definite luxury!).  I guess I love shoes, too. Especially comfy ones (comfort becomes more important the older I get.  Now I understand why older folks are so often seen in athletic shoes:  they make for happy feet!)

• Listening to The Husband chortle over a comic strip this morning made me anxious to see the cause. Yes, I get it.  He's a tease and practical joker (though never harmful and really, only mildly).  I love his sense of humor!

• Thinking this morning about age. I don't feel 64. That sounds positively ancient. And yet, this many years of experience does lend a certain perspective.  I like the mental freedom that experience has provided.  I hope I've also acquired a teensy bit of wisdom.

• Read a snarky thing on FaceBook (though I rarely spend much time there) about how people who complain on their posts all year long now assuage their consciences by being grateful for 30 days in the month of Thanksgiving.  Gratitude is always important.

I'm grateful today for music.  And for a beautiful piano.  And that our piano freshly tuned piano creates such beautiful sounds.  I'm grateful for socks and shoes that contribute to happier feet.  And I'm grateful for fun and laughter that enrich our home.

No comments:

Post a Comment