Another Week...

Has come and nearly gone.  There've been lunches with friends and relatives.  There's been doctor appointments and a Costco run.  There's been interaction with (former) ward members.  And change still hovers over all.  I'm only fond of change that I promote.  Changes originating from outside can be challenging.
Last evening's sunset.

Last night's sunset was pretty spectacular.

I took a chance - tried a short (and I mean short) walk this morning on the trail at sunrise.  My soul so very much needed that grounding.  Came home and immediately donned the boot. I'll be extremely careful until it feels like the stress fracture is totally healed - these aging bones take their own sweet time.  (The inflamed bursa is continues to be an issue.)  Still, it was one of the bestest ways to begin my day.

Today's dawn.
I received the call I knew was coming but didn't necessarily hope for. I've been asked to play the organ for our Sacrament meeting this coming Sunday - the one where our new Bishopric will be installed.

I love music.  I love being invited to contribute and serve though my contributions are generally smallish.  I'm still (and likely ever will be) hopeful that someday my contribution might be something other than organ playing.  At the risk of whining: the organ never has been something I've cared for, the organ and I are not friends.

Tonight will find us at the church for the Ward Christmas party - the final get-together of all parts of the former ward.  I suspect there will be some tender hearts.  Things will never be the same again and only the passage of time will tell us whether this change has been for good.

1 comment:

  1. You should have told them no, you won't play the organ, find someone else. You're giving the the opportunity to be lazy, taking the easiest solution - they won't learn from it.

    ReplyDelete