Monday Started Early

With the departure of The Husband for his week in the office.  I already pine for him!  After he left (at 4:30 a.m.) I tried to go back to bed, but my mind was already awake:  futile to try to sleep.
I'm good for another 6 months!

• Headed out for the dentist.  My checkup was all good, YAY! no cavities.  Even a trip to the dentist means a goodie bag!

• Yesterday was a strange day.  Nothing felt right from the very beginning.  Instead of being up and off to church early, we had to wait until 1:30 for our Sacrament meeting. After a seemingly endless pep-talk (he did say some really worthwhile things) the Stake Presidency announced for our ratification the bishopric of our new ward.  Three men:  one - the obvious choice, the second - one I should have guessed, and the third - as expected a brother from the other part of the ward.

I think they'll be a fine bishopric.  And while change can be challenging, a familiar face in leadership helps.

• Then choir practice for the former ward's Sacrament meeting Christmas program. I was surprised at the number of complaints about the later hour for practice.  It is a luxury to have a choir, to have a building to practice in and lots of lovely songs to sing. There seemed to be an abundance of grumpiness.

• Tried to just blow off the comment (to my face) by a sister that was selfish and hurtful about the ward division. I know she was just being thoughtless.  Like me, she needs to learn to think before she speaks.

• Went out Saturday for a pair of flat shoes to wear to church so as to not have issues with my still fragile foot. Ran over to our closest mall to see what Dillard's has - their great shoe selection makes them a favorite destination for me.  Our jaws were scraping the floor when we walked in.  How did we not know they're closing that location?  The next nearest mall just opened a huge Dillard's (that we have yet to visit). I'm guessing it replaces our familiar one.  That still makes me sad.

• Included in our Saturday errands was a bit of Christmas shopping.  I so love when The Husband helps me with it.  We were taking our time so even the heavy traffic and crowd-filled stores were less bothersome. It didn't hurt that we topped off the afternoon with frozen custard.

And today I'm so grateful for Fast Sunday.  For the opportunity to dedicate a day to sincere and heartfelt prayers for concerns that we place in our Heavenly Father's hands.  To acknowledge His influence and care in our everyday.  To plead for His mercy on our troubles. To be grateful for all that He so graciously sends our way.  That part of our Sunday filled our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment