Wednesday Already?


Hard to believe how fast the holiday season has gone.  Once it arrived.  Which seemed to take forever.  I convinced The Husband to let me take down the Christmas tree on Monday, along with the few other decorations I had put out.  It would be difficult to describe the peace I felt in my very bones once things were returned to their rightful place, the vacuuming and tidying done.  I love that streamlined, uncluttered feeling.  And two days later, it still feels mighty fine. (Next tidying project: my sewing room.)

At 6:15 this morning the temperature was 19 degrees - warmer than it's been at night in a while.  So I bundled up and chanced the trail for a walk.  Had the trail nearly to myself.  And I didn't slip a single time (that's my largest concern).  There's so much snow that it never seems really dark.  Walking in a sort of twilight is just perfect.

My walk took me over to the city park.  The lights on the trees have expanded and grown over the last few years.  It's so lovely.  I've often wanted to stop at the top of the hill and get an overview picture.  These few shots of a small portion of the park will do for now.  That one white tree is a beautiful willow practically dead center in the park.  When the city first started lighting that tree for Christmas The Husband and I walked over on Christmas eve and wandered the park - all by ourselves.  Now, throughout the holidays the park is full-to-overflowing with others enjoying the lights.  It's a nice thing the city does.

New blooms coming!
I've been watching this particular orchid - have been so delighted to see a new bloom shoot.  I'll have orchids blooming again in the spring.  How lovely.

Saw this sign the other day.  Those few words provide the perfect mental setting for some true relaxation.  And that's just how it feels when we head to North Carolina to the beach. I'm so hoping for a week there in 2016.

Today I'm grateful for my crockpot - dinner is cooking at this moment.  I'm grateful that we were invited to a young man's baptism on Saturday.  I'm grateful that it is warm enough that some of the snow is melting.  I'm grateful for the birds that twitter around our yard - they're happy little things no matter what the weather.  And I'm grateful for a foot improved enough that I could walk this morning.  That morning walk just clears my head, feeds my heart and opens the day in just the right manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment